Byte-Size TheTerminatorFans.com The Terminator (1984) Review:
A b-movie, sci-fi action film with horror undertones. Claustrophobia plays a huge part in this movie,- managing to enthrall and intrigue with its sheer scope, imagination and menace as it draws the viewer in with very real fears of technology and the future.
Brilliantly dark and brutal.
The Terminator (1984) Plot:
In the Year of Darkness, 2029, the rulers of this planet devised the ultimate plan. They would reshape the Future by changing the Past. The plan required something that felt no pity. No pain. No fear. Something unstoppable. They created ‘THE TERMINATOR’.
A Cyborg has been sent from the future on a deadly mission, it has been programmed to kill a young woman named Sarah Connor.Sarah has no idea that her life will have a staggering effect on the fate of mankind and that she is in danger of being killed at the hands of an inescapable machine known as the Terminator. Kyle Reese has also been sent from the future, but his mission is to protect the unknowing mother of a future leader. Is there any way to stop the death of an innocent when the relentless Cyborg is set on his course…
The Terminator (1984) Trailer:
The Terminator (1984) Information:
Directed by: James Cameron | Produced by: Gale Anne Hurd | Written by: James Cameron, Gale Anne Hurd & Bill Wisher | Release date: October 26, 1984 | Studio: Hemdale Film Corporation, Pacific Western Productions | Distributed by: Orion Pictures | Music by: Brad Fiedel | Cinematography: Adam Greenberg | Editing by: Mark Goldblatt | Running time: 108 minutes | Country: United States | Language: English | Budget: $6.4 million | Box office: $78,371,200
The Terminator (1984) Cast:
The Terminator: Arnold Schwarzenegger | Kyle Reese: Michael Biehn | Sarah Connor: Linda Hamilton | Lieutenant Ed Traxler: Paul Winfield | Detective Hal Vukovich: Lance Henriksen | Ginger Ventura: Bess Motta | Dr Peter Silberman: Earl Boen | Matt Buchanan: Rick Rossovich | Pawnshop Clerk: Dick Miller | Nancy: Shawn Schepps | Desk Sergeant: Bruce M. Kerner | Future War Terminator: Franco Columbu | Punk Leader: Bill Paxton | Punk: Brad Rearden | Punk: Brian Thompson
The Terminator (1984) Official Images:
For more images of The Terminator visit the Multimedia section for the movie by clicking here
The Terminator (1984) Home Releases:
The Terminator (1984) Home Release Reviews:
The Terminator (1984) Trivia:
- O.J Simpson was considered for the role of the Terminator, but the producers feared he was too “nice” to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.
- Michael Biehn’s character Kyle Reese gets bitten on the hand by another character, which has happened to him in every James Cameron film he’s been in: Aliens, and the Abyss.
- Shots through the Terminator’s vision shows a dump of the ROM assembler code for the Apple II operational system. If you happen to own an Apple II, try entering the prompt: ] call -151 * p This should give you the Terminator view.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger speaks only 17 sentences in the film.
- The initial draft of the film was sold to Cameron’s wife Gale Anne Hurd for the sum of $1 (cup of coffee).
- Wolfie, James Cameron’s German Shepherd dog can be seen at the Tiki Motel.
- The beginning of production was postponed for nine months due to Arnold’s commitment to Conan the Destroyer, during this time Cameron wanted to be working but had no time to take on a whole new film so he started a writing assignment which turned out to be: Aliens.
- Near the beginning of the film Sarah Connor gets a message on her answering machine telling her that her date has been postponed, the voice is Cameron’s.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger’s famous line “I’ll be back” was actually intended to be “I’ll come back”. It was reported in late 2012 that Arnold and director Jim Cameron had an argument about what line should be delivered on set… even to go as far as filming different lines as a compromise at the time.
- In the original Screenplay treatment of ‘The Terminator’ Cyberdyne Systems was originally going to be called Cyber Dynamics.